By Connie Ellison, Michele Maks
Read Online or Download Big Book of Dishcloths, Pot Holders & Scrubbies PDF
Similar needlecrafts & textile crafts books
A distinct visible listing of the entire significant strategies and an necessary significant other for novices and skilled embroiderers alike. no matter if you have an interest in goldwork, beadwork, crewel embroidery, cutwork, go sew, blackwork or Hardangar, this e-book will consultant you thru the entire simple tools of operating and recommend an exhilarating variety of inventive functions for every method.
Create attractive quilts and pillows with this pleasant selection of tasks utilizing easy options and pre-cuts. Rediscover the easy issues in lifestyles with this pleasant number of cover initiatives and pillow styles that use pre-cut jelly rolls, fats quarters, and extra. that includes uncomplicated, fully-illustrated directions, and wonderful full-colour images of the completed initiatives, "Simplify" is the ideal quantity for crafters seeking to upload a marginally of easy type to their domestic - with shades and styles that the entire family members will love.
Supplying transparent, concise directions, this sequence has served as a vintage reference for handcrafters for greater than 30 years. A jam-packed, up to date source choked with new rules, this consultant can be a responsible and entire crochet-instruction handbook. a few vintage motifs which are provided comprise an easy lace triangle, a fragile popcorn trefoil, and an tricky French sq., each one labored in modern yarns and displayed in full-color pictures.
- Craft Challenge: Dozens of Ways to Repurpose a Tea Towel
- Crafting Conundrums: Puzzles and Patterns for the Bead Crochet Artist
- How to Spin: From Choosing a Spinning Wheel to Making Yarn. A Storey BASICS® Title
- Wallachian embroidery
- Quilters Favorites--Traditional Pieced Appliqued: A Collection of 21 Timeless Projects for All Skill Levels
Additional info for Big Book of Dishcloths, Pot Holders & Scrubbies
6. Arrange flower and leaf motifs in the white background areas of the pieced top referring to the Placement Diagram for suggested positioning; handstitch motifs in place using thread to match fabrics, stuffing a tiny bit of fiberfill behind each yellow flower center before final stitching to complete the quilt top. 7. Layer, quilt and bind referring to Finishing Your Quilt on page 176. ■ Z Row Make 1 Add 1/8"–1/4" all around when cutting for hand appliqué I 2 1 Figure 10 4 Leaf Cut 20 green batik 6 Petal Cut 48 pink batik 8 Center Cut 12 yellow tonal 7 5 3 Weathervane Stars Placement Diagram 24" x 24" Nine-Patch Panache 61 Dressed to the Nines Make your home a showplace.
8. Cut six 31/2" by fabric width strips dark purple/pink tonal; subcut strips into (63) 31/2" H squares. 9. Cut eight 21/4" by fabric width blue tonal strips for binding. Completing the Nine-Patch Units 1. Select nine very light blue/green A squares; join three squares to make a row. Press seams in one direction. Repeat to make three rows. 2. Join the rows referring to Figure 1 to make an A unit; press seams as shown in Figure 2. Note: The seams in all units are pressed as indicated by arrows in Figure 2.
4. Center and sew the I strips to opposite sides of the pieced center, stopping stitching 1/4" from each end of the pieced center. Repeat with J strips at the top and bottom. 5. Fold quilt top diagonally with right sides together and align edges as shown in Figure 9; draw a 45-degree-angle line on the top border strip from the end of the border stitching, again referring to Figure 9. Quilt top back Figure 9 6. Stitch along the marked line and trim 1/4" from the stitched line as shown in Figure 10; press seam open.