By Anthony Lewis
Rails is a sturdy, versatile improvement platform that allows you to construct complicated web pages quick. significant web content like GitHub, Hulu, and Twitter have run Rails less than the hood, and in the event you recognize barely enough HTML and CSS to be risky, Rails Crash direction will educate you to harness Rails in your personal tasks and create net functions which are speedy, good, and secure.
In half I, you'll research Ruby and Rails basics after which dive instantly into versions, controllers, perspectives, and deployment. As you're employed in the course of the fundamentals, you'll learn the way to:
- Craft power versions with energetic Record
- construct view templates with Embedded Ruby
- Use Git to roll again to earlier types of your code base
- install purposes to Heroku
In half II, you'll take your talents to the following point as you construct a social networking app with extra complex Ruby instruments, equivalent to modules and metaprogramming, and complicated facts modeling suggestions inside of Rails's lively checklist. You'll find out how to:
- enforce an authentication approach to spot approved users
- Write your personal automatic assessments and refactor your code with confidence
- Maximize functionality with the asset pipeline and turbolinks
- safe your app opposed to SQL injection and cross-site scripting
- manage a server and installation purposes with Capistrano
Each bankruptcy is filled with hands-on examples and routines to augment what you've realized. no matter if you're thoroughly new to Ruby or you've been mucking round for a piece, Rails Crash direction will take you from the fundamentals to delivery your first Rails software, quick.