By Desmond J. Brown, R. F. Evans, M. D. Fenn
The crucial Synthesis.
Pyrimidine, Alkylpyrimidines, and Arylpyrimidines.
Nitro-, Nitroso-, and Arylazopyrimidines.
Pyrimidinecarboxylic Acids and similar Derivatives.
The diminished Pyrimidines.
The Ionization and Spectra of Pyrimidines.
Chapter 1 creation to Pyrimidine Chemistry (pages 1–47):
Chapter 2 fundamental Syntheses (pages 49–148):
Chapter three The imperative Synthesis (pages 149–239):
Chapter four Pyrimidine, Alkylpyrimidines, and Arylpyrimidines (pages 241–281):
Chapter five Nitro?, Nitroso?, and Arylazopyrimidines (pages 283–328):
Chapter 6 Halogenopyrimidines (pages 329–437):
Chapter 7 Oxypyrimidines (pages 439–551):
Chapter eight Thiopyrtmidines (pages 553–609):
Chapter nine Aminopyrimidines (pages 611–682):
Chapter 10 Pyrimidinecarboxylic Acids and similar Derivatives (pages 683–735):
Chapter eleven The lowered Pyrimidines (pages 737–821):
Chapter 12 The Ionization and Spectra of Pyrimidines (pages 823–870):
Read Online or Download Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds: The Pyrimidines, Volume 52 PDF
Similar organic books
Submerged soils and the wetlands they help are of big useful significance: in international aspect cycles, as centres of biodiversity, in worldwide meals construction. also they are uniquely fascinating scientifically as a result of their unusual biogeochemistry and the variations of vegetation and microbes to it.
During this moment, thoroughly revised and enlarged variation, Francois Diederich is joined through Armin de Meijere in bringing jointly in entire volumes every thing of value relating to C-C and C-N cross-coupling reactions. the diversity of functions coated extends from the synthesis of complicated average fabrics through supramolecular chemistry correct as much as fabrics technology.
Perfect if you happen to have formerly reports natural chemistry yet no longer in nice intensity and with little publicity to natural chemistry in a proper feel. this article goals to bridge the space among introductory-level guideline and extra complicated graduate-level texts, reviewing the fundamentals in addition to featuring the extra complex rules which are at the moment of value in natural chemistry.
- Ion Formation from Organic Solids: Proceedings of the Second International Conference Münster, Fed. Rep. of Germany September 7–9, 1982
- Ultrasound and Sonochemistry in the Treatment of Contaminated Soils by Persistent Organic Pollutants
- Single Organic Nanoparticles
- The Total Synthesis of Natural Products
Additional info for Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds: The Pyrimidines, Volume 52
Acylation and alkylation. Acylation of a tautomeric pyrimidinone may give an 0- or N-acylated product or a mixture of both. In contrast, alkylation usually gives an N-alkylpyrimidinone with perhaps a trace of alkoxypyrimidine; diazomethane tends to afford more 0-alkylated product than do most other reagents: for example, 2(1H)-pyrimidinone (93) so gives 2-methoxypyrimidine (94) (1 7%) and l-methyl-2(1H)-pyrimidinone (95) (52%). Aminolysis. Although most conversions of pyrimidinones into pyrimidinamines are done indirectly via chloropyrimidines or pyrimidinethiones, a direct route is available providing that the substrate and product are both sufficiently stable to withstand the vigorous conditions.
Selective aminolysis of a di- or trihalogenopyrimidine can be very useful: for example, 2,4-dichloro-5-nitropyrimidine(77) with ice-cold aqueous ammonia gives virtually pure 2-chloro-5-nitro-4-pyrimidinamine (78), an extremely versatile intermediate. , 79);conditions must be gentle in order to avoid loss of methyl halide to give the dimethylaminopyrimidine (80). 5-Halogenopyrimidines undergo regular or cine aminolyses under relatively vigorous conditions. 71 78 19 80 Hydrolysis and alcoholysis.
9. 3) The tautomeric pyrimidinethiones are much more reactive than are their oxygen analogs, and hence of much wider use as intermediates. Desulfurization. The removal of sulfur from pyrimidinethiones in favor of hydrogen may be done reductively, usually by stirring with Raney-nickel catalyst (3-5 parts) in boiling water, aqueous ammonia, or ethanol. The procedure is exemplified in the conversion of 4-isopropyl-6-methyl-2( 1H ) pyrimidinethione into 4-isopropyl-6-methylpyrimidine or of 5,6-diamino2,4( lH,3H)-pyrimidinedithione (1 13) into 4,5-pyrimidinediamine (114).