By Susan Prosser, Stuart Gripman
You don't desire a technical heritage to construct strong databases with FileMaker seasoned 14. This crystal-clear, goal advisor exhibits you ways to create a database that allows you to do virtually something along with your info so that you can fast in attaining your targets. even if you're growing catalogs, handling stock and billing, or making plans a marriage, you'll find out how to customise your database to run on a laptop, Mac, internet browser, or iOS device.
The vital things you have to know:
• Dive into relational data: resolve difficulties fast through connecting and mixing info from diverse tables.
• Create specialist documents: put up reviews, charts, invoices, catalogs, and different records with ease.
• Access facts anywhere: Use FileMaker move in your iPad or iPhone—or proportion facts at the Web.
• Harness processing power: Use new calculation and scripting instruments to crunch numbers, seek textual content, and automate tasks.
• Run your database on a safe server: research the high-level gains of FileMaker professional Advanced.
• Keep your information safe: Set privileges and make allowance information sharing with FileMaker's streamlined safety features.
Read or Download FileMaker Pro 14: The Missing Manual PDF
Best computers books
This quantity constitutes the refereed court cases of the 3rd overseas convention on modern Computing, IC3 2010, held in Noida, India, in August 2010.
Using desktops to appreciate phrases is still a space of burgeoning study. electrical phrases is the 1st basic survey of and creation to the complete diversity of labor in lexical linguistics and corpora -- the research of such online assets as dictionaries and different texts -- within the broader fields of natural-language processing and synthetic intelligence.
- Game Character Creation with Blender and Unity
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies
- Transactions on High-Performance Embedded Architectures and Compilers I
- Formal Methods and Software Engineering: 6th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods, ICFEM 2004, Seattle, WA, USA, November 8-12, 2004. Proceedings
- People and Computers XIII: Proceedings of HCI ’98
Additional info for FileMaker Pro 14: The Missing Manual
Although you can enter data on the list layout, all the fields you need may not be on that layout. Just create a new window, switch to the detail layout, and then look up the record you want to edit (see Figure 1-18). Your missing email group is safe and sound in the first window. ) NOTE If you have two windows open, both of them are connected in one way. If you edit the data in one window and the record is visible in another window, the changes show up in the second window (and every other window you have open that shows that same record).
Viewing a List In the People file, you’ve probably noticed the word “list” near the content area’s upper right. Turns out, that’s giving you feedback about the data you’re currently viewing. If you click the word “detail” (it’s written in lowercase letters, because the database developers like it that way), then the scene switches to a detail view of the current record shown in Figure 1-18. Chapter 1: Working with Your Database 29 SAME DATABASE, DIFFERENT VIEWS FIGURE 1-18 The back window shows several records in the People database’s List View layout.
Each field in the Sort Order list shows a bar chart icon representing the order assigned to it, which matches the icons next to each radio button. If you change your mind and don’t want to sort after all, click Cancel, and FileMaker forgets everything you’ve done in this window. Chapter 1: Working with Your Database 27 SORTING RECORDS The Status toolbar lets you know if your records are sorted (no surprise there). Below the Record Count, it says Sorted if you’ve done a sort, and Unsorted otherwise.