By Beth Rubin
- Insider advice at the most enjoyable and academic reviews for children of every age within the nation's capital. This thoroughly up-to-date variation is filled with particularly distinctive information - all the way down to which inns supply cribs and rollaway beds and which eating places provide excessive chairs and youngsters' menus.
- Where to find hands-on, interactive museums; the easiest kid's leisure, from live shows and kid's theater to puppet indicates; kid-oriented buying; and parks and different locations to play.
- Insightful commentary on easy methods to introduce your children to the ancient attractions.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm options. Our professional author is enthusiastic about Washington D.C.--she tells it love it is in an enticing and useful way.
- Exact prices indexed for each institution and activity--no different publications supply such unique, candid stories of resorts and eating places. We comprise the superior, but additionally emphasize reasonably priced offerings for genuine people.
- User-friendly beneficial properties together with big name rankings and precise icons to indicate readers to nice reveals, very good values, insider information, top bets for children, precise moments, and hyped up experiences.
Read or Download Frommer's Washington D.C. with Kids PDF
Best south books
Why have been a few nations capable of construct "developmental states" within the many years after global conflict II whereas others weren't? via a richly certain exam of India's adventure, Locked in position argues that the serious issue was once the response of household capitalists to the state-building venture. through the Nineteen Fifties and Sixties, India introduced a really formidable and very hot application of state-led improvement.
This can be the tale of a technology instructor and her paintings in an over-crowded and under-resourced township secondary tuition in modern South Africa. whereas set firmly within the current, it's also a trip into the previous, laying off clean gentle on how the legacy of apartheid schooling keeps to have an immense effect on educating and studying in South Africa.
- Korean War Almanac
- Dallas Uncovered
- Super-Scenic Motorway: A Blue Ridge Parkway History
- Bipolar Orders: The Two Koreas since 1989 (Global History of the Present)
- Southern folk ballads
Additional info for Frommer's Washington D.C. with Kids
We frequently spot—on city streets and in restaurants, shops, and theaters—legislators, media moguls, and Hollywood celebs. We never tire of visiting the city’s magnificent landmarks, sights, and diverse neighborhoods, whether on foot or via Metro, bicycle, open-air tram, cruise boat, or kayak. , go together like peanut butter and jelly. Little wonder, then, that children of all ages come to know and love the fascinating international playground that is the nation’s capital. Washington has broad, tree-lined boulevards; numerous parks and recreational areas; and multiethnic shops and restaurants, not to mention a host of attractions (historic and new) waiting to be discovered and rediscovered.
It’s no accident that thousands of buses and planeloads of schoolchildren arrive annually from all over the world. S. Capitol? And that’s just for openers! Despite the staggering number of museums and federal buildings, much of downtown Washington resembles an enormous park. First-time visitors are quick to note the abundance of greenery cozying up to all the marble and granite. In fact, gardens, fountains, and parks hug most major sightseeing attractions. S. Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial) is the perfect site for chasing pigeons or flying a kite.
Call room service. 1201 K St. NW, Washington, DC 20005. com/fourpoints. 202/289-7600. Fax 202/349-2215. 265 units. $109–$459 double. Children 17 and under stay free in parent’s room. Free crib. AE, DC, DISC, MC, V. ). Metro: Metro Center or McPherson Sq. Amenities: Restaurant; lounge; concierge; 24-hr. fitness center; small indoor pool; room service. In room: A/C, TV, free Wi-Fi. Expensive Morrison-Clark Historic Hotel ★★★ The Morrison-Clark Historic Hotel, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a top choice with older kids and families who appreciate charm and vintage ambience.