By Shabkar Tsogdruk Rangdrol, Dalai Lama, Visit Amazon's Matthieu Ricard Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Matthieu Ricard,
Looked via many because the maximum yogi after Milarepa to realize enlightenment in a single lifetime...a resource of thought to Buddhist practitioners and normal readers alike.--The Dalai Lama
Read Online or Download The Life of Shabkar: The Autobiography of a Tibetan Yogin PDF
Best leaders & notable people books
John, Robert, and Ted Kennedy's individual tales should be noticeable as primarily one, each one successive brother striving to meet the interrupted promise of the brother ahead of. The ultimate of Ted Kennedy's bankruptcy in America’s political and cultural lifestyles signifies that, for the 1st time possibly, the genuine degree of the Kennedy legacy can ultimately be taken.
The autobiography of the adolescence of the previous Vice Presiden of Yugoslovia, that's additionally the tale of a little-know land, Montenegro. creation and notes via William Jovanovich. Translated via Michael B. Petrovich.
Abraham Lincoln used to be born to a bad relations at the American frontier. He used to be a troublesome employee, yet he sought after greater than a farmer's lifestyles. As he realized in regards to the problems with his day, Abe longed to be a lawmaker himself, so he ran for the nation legislature. quickly the farm boy may develop into the intense orator and in demand president who eventually proclaimed freedom for all american citizens.
- Rommel: The Trail of the Fox (Wordsworth Military Library)
- Gladstone and Disraeli (Questions and Analysis in History)
- Reclaiming Dietrich Bonhoeffer: The Promise of His Theology
- Helmut Nicolai and Nazi Ideology
Extra resources for The Life of Shabkar: The Autobiography of a Tibetan Yogin
A short biography can also be found in RO, pp. 164-88. Kalden Gyatso was a disciple of another famous hermit, Chapa Rinpoche Lobzang Tenpai Gyaltsen (clws pa rin po che blo bzang bstan pa'i rgyal mtshan, 1581-1659). 3. The Victorious Ones, Father and Son: the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama. 4. The Eight Places of the Accomplished Ones (grub tlwb gnas brgyad), in the Golden Valley ofRekong, are eight places prophesied by Guru Padmasambhava where eight great yogins of his lineage practiced, attained realization and performed many miracles.
25. 17ze Sutra of Compassion's White Lotus (Skt. runa-pundarika-sutra, Tib. snying rje chen po padrna dkarpo'i mdo, T 111-12). 26. 1he Sutra of the Meeting of Father and Son (Skt. yab dang sras mjal ba'i mdo, T 60), which is part of the Ratnakuta. 27. 17ze Great Drum Sutra (Skt. mahabheriharakaparinirvana, Tib. rnga bo che chen po'i mdo, T 222). 28. The Salty River Sutra (Tib. ba tshwa cangyi chu klung gi. mdo) is not found in the list of contents of Derge Kangyur (sde dge bka' ~ur). This declaration may be one of those verses which are found as quotes in translated commentaries, whereas the original sutras to which they belong have been lost, or were never translated into Tibetan.
4, p. 444, 13 and RO, p. 615). Among the descendants ofPalden Tashi was the famed Gedun Qhopd (dge 'dun clws 'phe~ 1905-51). See RO, p. 647. 45. The Golden Garland ofthe KogyuLineage(hka' hrgyud gser phreng). A collection of hagiographies of Kagyu saints. There are several such collections, related to the different branches of the Kagyu lineage. 1 Early Years First, I will describe the place and circumstances ofmy birth, which were the result of my past good karma and pure aspirations Within the reahn tamed by the peerless Buddha Shakyamuni, north of the Diamond Throne of India, 1 the center of the southern continent of Jambudvipa, lies the Golden Valley of Rekong where Jetsun Kalden Gyatso, 2 "Fortunate Ocean," an emanation of the sublime Avalokiteshvara, benefited countless beings.